Introduction to Neglect - Session Content :
- Recognize signs and symptoms of children and young people who are, or may be neglected
- Identify concerns about parenting capacity that may contribute to neglect
- Identify family and environmental factors which may contribute to neglect
- Understand the importance of looking beyond single incidents (cumulative harm)
- Introduction to the LLR LSCPB Neglect Toolkit
- - This learning provides knowledge that will contribute to the LLR Competencies 1-14
Working with Families with Multiple and Complex Needs - Session Content :
- To understand the nature of an effective relationship with parents.
- To understand how barriers to participation for parents can be overcome.
- To understand how to negotiate and/or agree the basis of relationships with parents.
- To understand how to maintain the relationship with parents.
- To understand the importance of reflecting on your own practice when working with parents.
- - This learning provides knowledge that will contribute to Competencies 1-11 in the LSCPB Safeguarding Children Competency Framework
Mental Health First Aid Youth - Session Content :
- This course teaches in depth skills for providing first aid to people who may be experiencing mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and psychosis. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England is a community interest company working to increase mental health awareness and skills across society. Their range of courses are designed to empower people to support their own mental health and that of people they connect with in life. By giving people the facts about mental health and practical skills to support well-being, they work towards building healthier communities free from stigma.
Allegations Against Adults (LADO) - Session Content :
- Understanding the procedure for managing allegations and being aware of the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Knowing how to access advice and guidance when an allegation has been made
- Understanding the strategy meeting process and the responsibilities of an employer
- - This learning provides knowledge that will contribute to the LLR Competency Groups
Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent- Session Content :
- To understand what Prevent it and how it forms part of the UK’s Counter Terrorism Strategy
- To understand how Prevent tries to identify individuals who may be becoming involved in or supporting terrorism
- To understand how Prevent links into Children’s Safeguarding
- - This learning provides knowledge that will contribute to the LLR Competencies 1- 7 & 9-11
Signs of Safety Half Day Introductory Briefing - Session Content :
- Leicester City Council has adopted the Signs of Safety model for working with children and families. The use of the model will be seen in a range of assessment and multi-agency activities that support and safeguard children e.g. Child Protection Conferences, Core Groups, Children's Social Care and Early Help referrals and Looked after Children reviews etc.
- - This half day introductory briefing session will provide:
- An awareness of the basic principles, values and key elements of the approach
- Understanding of how the approach will be used in practice to support children, young people and their families
- Opportunity to reflect on how the approach will be reflected in your day-to-day practice
- Opportunity to meet with key leads for Signs of Safety from across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Child Sexual Exploitation, Introduction to Trafficking, Missing and County Lines - Session Content :
- An explanation of CSE, Trafficking, Missing and County Lines
- An understanding of the vulnerability factors, key signs and indicators of exploitation
- An understanding local developments and procedures, including how information is shared locally within and between agencies
- An explanation and experience of using a Risk Assessment Tool
Learning from Multi-Agency Case Reviews - Session Content :
- - Disseminate thematic learning from a range of Multi-Agency Reviews including:
- Pre-birth assessments and infants
- Children Missing School/Elective Home Education
Safeguarding in Context : BP in Safeguarding for the Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) - Session Content :
- The aim is to enable the VCS to understand the valuable part they play in safeguarding from prevention to child protection and share information about any recent changes.
Steps to Success- Including Financial Education - Session Content :
- Raising aspirations for adults across the City using support materials developed to create steps to success!
- Focused on increasing confidence, achievement, understanding alongside knowledges, skills and attitudes to make better decisions around life choices.
- This session is introducing frontline staff to materials and support available to them when working with families across the City.
Parental Intervention Workshop - Session Content :
- Adults within families argue and disagree for a number of reasons. When arguments become a frequent part of day to day life for children, when they are exposed to intense arguments, or when arguments are not resolved well, evidence shows that children are at more risk of multiple negative outcomes. This program is designed to up-skill staff that work with families.Session Objectives for frontline staff who have contact with parents or carers
- Understanding Links between parental conflict and children’s outcomes
- Recognising parental conflict and the stressors and triggers of parental conflict
- What is the key role of father/male carer in parenting
- Where to refer for further support.
- Recognising relationship stress and when it causes harm
- Signs of domestic abuse and your responsibilities
- Supporting parents to recognise where change is needed.
- Tools and techniques to resolve destructive conflict